The Bachelor's degree program "Civil Engineering" is a technical course of study that is enriched with scientific and business management content. The orientation of the course towards the future is visible in all its areas: On the one hand, the new technologies of digitalization, which will affect all facets of the construction industry, occupy an important place. On the other hand, the study program also refers to the coming social challenges: Ecologization is also advancing rapidly in the building industry - how sustainable building can be achieved is a topic that is addressed in the course of study. Well-trained engineers will be indispensable for shaping the construction industry for the future. With their skills in modern building materials, construction mechanics, structural engineering and construction industry and management, they are well prepared for the challenges of professional practice. The daily work of civil engineers covers a wide range of engineering design and construction - which is reflected in the bachelor's program.
What students bring to their studies:
- The joy of building and shaping our future
- Curiosity for a very wide range of topics and employment
- Team spirit
- Interest in natural science
After successful completion of their studies, graduates have the following skills and knowledge:
- They use the technical possibilities of digitisation in their daily work.
- They have a broad knowledge in the fields of mathematics and mechanics, in building material technology and building ecology as well as in construction industry and management. During their studies they were able to acquire a solid basic knowledge of building construction and building technology.
- They are able to make factually sound, technically correct and economically sensible decisions. In doing so, they incorporate the diverse requirements of modern civil engineering into their thinking.
- They work independently as well as in a team and are able to solve problems by applying their experience from project work and their studies and are open for further learning.
- They have a deep understanding of the thinking and working methods of architects, which will make future cooperation with these important players in the construction industry much easier.
Read more on our website,