The Perfect Combination of Economics, Communications and Digital Data
Are you looking to pursue a career in the digital business world? This study programme is perfectly compatible with your professional life and teaches you sound business and communication skills, an interdisciplinary understanding, and expert handling of digital tools and data. Core topics of the degree programme are:
- Corporate communications
- Public and investor relations
- Sustainability communication
- Financial and non-financial reporting
- Data and business journalism
Already during your studies, you can collect practical experience and contacts, and further your personal development. Find out more on our blog (in German).
This degree programme which is organised in blocks with remote learning components conveys strong communication, media and visualisation skills based on a sound foundation of economic and legal knowledge.
The focus is on a behaviour-oriented economic understanding. Business psychology, economic sociology, business and media ethics, and corporate social responsibility are central pillars of the study programme. The education is rounded off by the conveyance of journalistic skills as well as language and video training.
Students apply their knowledge in concrete projects with companies and editorial offices, deepen their expertise during visits to trade conferences, and establish contacts for their future professional careers thanks to the degree programme’s high practical relevance. Foreign language and trade events help the students to hone their English skills.
Individual Specialisation (2nd and 3rd Semesters)
Select two out of four specialisations for individual in-depth studies:
- Investor Relations
- Financial Reporting & Controlling
- Data & Financial Journalism
- Public Relations
Interdisciplinary Elective Module
The iLab programme allows students to participate in an interdisciplinary and intercultural project semester with the working language being English.
You would like to put your creativity, communication skills and business competence to the best possible use as a communications expert in a globally active company or a renowned agency? Strategic and visionary thinking are among your strengths, and you like to steer processes or plan events? Or do you rather see yourself as a journalist for a well-known news agency or editorial office – researching, writing and reporting on companies, markets, and economic and social developments?
As experts in corporate communications / public relations / investor relations / agencies, or as communications consultants:
- Development of a (digital) communication strategy
- Design of (digital) business and sustainability reports
- Organisation of (virtual) events such as general meetings, press and web conferences
- Creation and hosting of corporate websites, social media presence, and much more
As reporting and controlling experts in companies:
- Data and information management with a digital focus
- Conception and design of (digital) financial and non-financial reports
- Implementation of digital technologies and state-of-the-art planning and reporting instruments such as visualisation technology, data storytelling, etc.
As data, financial or business journalists for editorial offices / news agencies / blogs:
- Research, networking with press offices, political and business institutions, capital markets, stock markets, etc.
- Production of media content for various channels
- Communication with the general public and specialist audiences using innovative visualisation and communication technologies and media channels