Starting with winter semester 2020/21, Energy-Informatics is offered as a 100% Online-programme!
Energy is the underlying heartbeat of the global economy – a critical factor in the production of nearly all goods and services in the modern world. Clearly, given the critical role of energy, the driving imperatives in any economy are ensuring security of supply, maintaining competitiveness and overseeing the transition to a low-carbon future.
Key requirements in this respect are the strategic management of supply and improving its overall generation and distribution. Impacting on these challenging goals will be a variety of factors, including advances in renewables, e-mobility and green technologies, to name only a few. Managing this changing environment is no easy task. That will require intelligent IT solutions and therefore well-educated IT experts able to design and/or operate future smart grids, smart city infrastructures and enhanced energy supply systems.
Energy Informatics is the application of information technologies to this highly demanding field and the focus of this English-taught Master's degree programme.
Students can select from a wide range of elective modules based on their interest.
- Software Systems (SCADA, Head-End and Meter Data Management Systems)
- IT Security
- Cloud Computing / Big Data
- Communication Technology (Powerline, Radio Frequency)
- Home and Building Automation
- Systems Engineering
- International Project Management
- International Energy Markets and Energy Law
- Processes and Process Modelling
- Energy Generation, Distribution, Storage and Consumers
- Smart Grid Field Components (Meters, Gateways, Load Management)