The Master's degree program "Health Management" trains executives in the health care sector and is dedicated to the teaching and deepening of leadership and management skills of practitioners in the profession. The extra-occupational study program addresses the special growth dynamics in the health sector and deals in depth with the topics of management, law and business administration in the health sector.
Students learn to grasp and help shape the dimensions of quality of care - and are equipped with scientific skills to raise their daily professional work to a highly professional level. With these competences, graduates of the program have a wide range of career paths open to them - from management functions in public and private health care institutions to consulting positions in health insurance companies or interest groups.
What students should bring to their studies:
- Interest in business management issues and approaches in the health sector;
- Enthusiasm for the analysis and discussion of health economic interrelationships as well as for questions concerning the design and financing of health systems nationally and internationally;
- Interest in taking on management tasks in the health care sector such as communication and conflict management, project and personnel management, quality and innovation management;
- Curiosity about the topics of health sciences and public health - with all their current and future challenges.
- Pleasure in scientific work and writing in German and English;
- Interest in the further development of social-communicative skills, also in an intercultural context;
- Enjoyment of team-oriented and self-organised work in small groups in the context of application projects, workshops, planning and role-plays, research-based learning, etc.
A prerequisite for the Master's degree program in "Health Management" is a relevant Bachelor's or diploma degree. In this case, relevant to the subject means, for example, a degree in economics or health science.
After successful completion of their studies, graduates have the following skills and knowledge:
- They understand complex interrelationships and make career-related decisions taking into account the business management requirements of the health care sector.
- They are proficient in essential aspects of financing and accounting, personnel and corporate management as well as human resource management.
- They improve the motivation and performance of their employees.
- They solve conflict situations by professional means.
- They are able to assess future developments, opportunities and risks in the healthcare system.
- They have sound knowledge of social security law and other legal matters.
- They can understand, classify and evaluate current studies and research results.
- They are able to design, carry out and communicate studies and projects themselves and to prepare the necessary research and funding applications.
- You will be prepared for management functions and learn the necessary social skills.