"Industrial Engineering & Management" (IEM) is a master's degree program that trains future managers for industry and business. They receive both technical and economic input in order to be best prepared for the current challenges in the industrial sector. The main focus is on the topics Industry 4.0, Innovation Management and Corporate Management, in which students can set individual focal points of interest.
During their studies they deal with innovation processes, which they examine both theoretically in courses and practically in the innovation workshop and the Smart Lab. In addition to sound technical knowledge, students acquire profound entrepreneurial and social skills. They receive an education as key personnel with an application orientation, who are highly sought-after as leaders in a wide range of industrial sectors.
Industrial Engineering & Management is an incredibly fascinating field of applied sciences. This course of study is mainly characterized by creativity, innovation and development. Industrial Engineering & Management is also a constantly evolving field that is crucial for the economic development of a region. The prerequisite for attending the master's degree course is a completed technical bachelor's or diploma degree.
What students should bring with them to their studies:
- A fundamental interest and enjoyment in economic topics and technical understanding
- logical thinking combined with good English skills.
- good mathematics and PC skills
- A creative personality who enjoys innovative developments.
After successful completion of their studies, graduates have the following skills and knowledge:
- They have basic knowledge in mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, business administration, economics and law.
- They are able to analyse business problems holistically and solve them in a team, taking into account technical and economic aspects.
- You understand the innovation process and are able to initiate and accompany innovation processes.
- They apply the essential methods of statics and strength theory, kinematics and kinetics, construction and materials science as well as electrical engineering.
- They participate in the implementation of control and regulation systems in mechanical plants.
- They prepare holistic assessments of manufacturing processes under technical and economic parameters as well as technology roadmaps.
- You will design basic concepts for production machines and production systems based on various requirement criteria.
- They work out business models and business plans.
- You will develop projects and create project orders.