Demand for Security Experts Stronger than ever Before
Targeted cyber attacks on companies are perpetrated almost daily, which means that cybercrime poses one of the world's major threats to the economy nowadays. At the same time, our dependency increases since most processes are computer-aided and in the time of the Internet of Things, a great number of devices are already connected to the Internet. Become an expert in the field of IT Security to address these challenges.
The study programme gives you an all-round education in all key focus areas of IT Security:
- IT operations: system administration and penetration testing
- Network Technology: protocols and security components
- Security Technologies: cryptography and hardware tokens
- Security Management and Organisation: risk management and standards
- Secure Software Development
A strong practical focus
The transfer of knowledge to the practical world is an essential part of the education. Numerous projects and the so-called “crisis week” prepare you theoretically and practically for worst-case scenarios. On the basis of a case study, you analyse the technical requirements for systems, make the necessary organisational arrangements and learn to keep cool when it comes to the practical implementation in extreme situations.
Network Technology Lab
5 independent labs with state-of-the-art PC and virtualisation infrastructure are available 24/7 for conducting practice-oriented network and operating system exercises. Thanks to a VPN solution, students also gain access off campus.
The programme qualifies you for the following positions:
- Chief security officer/(chief) information security officer
- Security architect
- Secure software developer
- E-payment/e-government/e-business consultant
- Security consultant
- Network/operating system administrator
- Data protection officer
- Information security manager
- Disaster recovery and business continuity analyst or manager
- System, application and network/web penetration tester
- Incident responder