Become a digital professional with a Master’s degree in three semesters: Learn all the steps of digital storytelling, from idea to research, multimedia implementation and cross-media marketing. With a choice of specialization in cross-media or data journalism.
- Digital storytelling skills as a foundation, followed by a choice of cross-media or data journalism specialization.
- Only academic training program in the German-speaking world that teaches programming for journalistic applications.
- Develop social, communicative and entrepreneurial skills, such as format development, project management in diverse teams and communication with users.
- Expand your network and portfolio through project work with experienced teachers from the industry.
Focus & Qualifications
Designed for experienced journalists and editors, the course combines journalistic storytelling, digital technologies and applied informatics with modern media and project management. Graduates will be able to
- demonstrate knowledge of the functionalities, formats and production conditions of digital journalism;
- use fact-based journalism in the fight against fake news and disinformation on social media;
- develop and implement digital formats and storytelling for journalistic topics in a way that is appropriate to the target audience;
- manage cross-media or data journalism projects in small or large teams;
- Use digital technologies for journalism in an economically, legally, ethically and critically informed way.