Our new Master’s program provides analysts with the skills to work with the information society’s most valuable resource. Data science is a young but clearly established field where the demand for qualified professionals is high. The interdisciplinary role that data scientists play requires a multifaceted degree program. Data analysis is not an end in itself but must always be viewed in relation to a company’s or organization’s tasks and goals. Those graduating from the program, which starts in the 2020 winter semester, will be able to put their skills to good use by supporting the decision-making processes across all its phases.
Students will learn:
- how to carry out the complete data collection process in accordance with the current state of the art, e.g. for textual data, image and video data and sensor data.
- how to prepare and model these data for analysis.
- how to perform analyses while taking aspects relating to ethics, data protection, infrastructure and business into account.
- how to compare, choose and apply relevant analysis methods, procedures and algorithms.
- how to communicate the results from analyses in a manner that is appropriate for the target group and to incorporate these results into business operations.
- to plan, implement and successfully manage data-science projects for the purposes of value creation while taking company requirements into account.
- how to define requirements and goals for data-science projects.
- how to interface where the planning and implementation of data-science projects in conjunction with specialist and IT departments are concerned.
- how to communicate with technical and non-technical experts during the design and implementation phases of data-science projects and to present ideas and implementation proposals.