Combining Technical and Management Expertise
The practice-oriented training with the combined knowledge of technology and management offers you the necessary knowledge to guarantee the security of overall systems and to anchor information security in the company. You will receive competencies in the fields of IT infrastructure, software security, privacy, incident handling and security management. With our network technology labs we offer an ideal learning environment. Thanks to VPN solutions, as a student you can use all resources outside the campus as well.
Your curriculum consists of three levels:
1. The core topics form the first level (60 ECTS) where you familiarise yourself with the essential competencies of the occupational profile in the fields of Infrastructure Security, Software Security, Privacy, Safety Management, and the theoretical basics of Information Security.
2. At the second level, you can choose one out of three specialisations (30 ECTS each) that provide you with in-depth knowledge in one of the following three areas:
- Software Security
- Industrial and Infrastructure Security
3. The master thesis forms the third level of the curriculum.
The field of IT security is undergoing rapid change. Until a few years ago, simple security measures at company borders were sufficient. Due to the more flexible organisational structures of companies, mobile devices, outsourcing or cross-company project cultures, information tends to leave the company and thus the corresponding influence sphere more frequently. This creates new, complex challenges for the overall systems.
- Chief information security officer
- IT infrastructure engineer
- Security consultant
- Industrial security expert
- IT security solution engineer/architect
- Computer forensics expert
- Compliance officer and risk manager
- IT governance expert
- IT solution architect
- Malware analyst