“Systems Design” is an engineering program that offers a wide, advanced theory based education for designing systems. Systems Design graduates are able to understand, develop, and modify complex technical systems in the fields of Electronics and Mechatronics. Their skills include the designing and implementing of complex technical systems with special regards to a holistic design in an earlier phase of planning and conceptualizing. The focus of the degree programme is the training of self-dependent engineers who have special knowledge in areas such as Embedded Systems, Electronics, Mechatronics, IT or Control Engineering.
With Data Science being a core competence of Systems Design graduates, the Master program prepares students for a successful and powerful career in engineering as well as for a track in academics and research. Graduates work as planning, development, system, plant and production engineers as well as in management and leading positions. Skilled Systems Designers are in high demand of an industry that offers a wide variety of occupational areas.
Cope with complex and cross-circular systems
The complexity of technical systems is steadily increasing: Our society uses more devices than ever to improve everyday life, while at the same time multiple industries are searching for new ways to enhance their processes through the means of digitalisation. Nowadays, engineers have to cope with complex and cross-circular systems rather than with clearly assigned single components. Many businesses are already struggling to find sufficient experts who can navigate the intricate challenges of new emerging technologies. The Master Degree program “Systems Design” offers special opportunities for those who seek to accept these challenges.
The program spans over four semesters and includes a wide variety of courses that prepare for a career in engineering. Students acquire detailed knowledge of Mathematics, Systems Theory, Informatics, Control Systems, Data Analysis and Circuit Design. Modern technical developments are also key for mastering the requirements of Systems Design: Data Science, Robotics, Circuit Design, Sensors and Automatic Control are being discussed with great detail over the course of the program.
The Master's degree program is all about combining theory and practical applications. Students take the advantage of an interdisciplinary training that enables them to gradually solve problems. In order to achieve that, the program focuses on special knowledge in areas from Control and Embedded Systems, to electronic devices and semi-conductors processes.
Additionally, the degree program Systems Design allows students to gain in-depth technical knowledge in some areas of specialization Those additional specializations enable students to deepen their interests and shape their future career paths.
In the fourth semester students are tasked with writing their Master thesis in conjunction with a work placement. On completing the final examination, after four semesters, students are awarded the Master of Science in Engineering, MSc.
Graduates of the master degree course Systems Design are able to:
- demonstrate a deeper knowledge of mathematics, computer science, systems theory, modeling and simulation and control technology
- draft, design and implement complete and complex systems
- think system-oriented
- apply system-oriented methods
Specialist field of Embedded Systems
- analyze, construct, establish and put into operation complex real-time systems in all components such as bus systems and microcontrollers
- construct and simulate EMC-friendly circuit boards for high clock frequencies
- analyze and evaluate the development of integrated circuits
Specialist field of Remote Systems
- analyze and evaluate applications for remote systems
- analyze and apply data bases and networks
- remotely operate, regulate and maintain mechatronic systems
Specialist field of Control Systems
- master basic methods of linear and nonlinear control systems
- determine motion sequences and their associated drive requirements
- analyse and integrate robots in complex environments and demanding workflows
Specialist field of Mechatronic Systems
- control numerical procedures of essential methods
- detect mutual dependencies of individual components of a system
- integrate industrial robots in complex environments and demanding workflows