The Biotechnology & Food Engineering study program offered by MCI is primarily concerned with the development and manufacturing of products for the health, food, and environmental protection sectors. With its strong interdisciplinary focus, the program combines biosciences with chemical science and food engineering.
Due to their enormous potential for growth and advancement in research, biotechnology and food engineering are considered key disciplines of the 21st century, offering excellent career prospects. Over the past years, biotechnology has generated a range of new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, while food technology has secured the supply of healthy food products. Moreover, the disciplines have contributed substantially to the development of eco-friendly and efficient procedures in terms of renewable resources, renewable energy, and environmental engineering.
- Fundamentals: Mathematics & natural science (28,89%)
- Fundamentals: Engineering (12,78%)
- special subjects: Biotechnology & Food technology (15,56%)
- Elective subjects: Biotechnology & Food engineering (15%)
- Academic research / R&D / internship (16,67%)
- Business administration / English & social skills (11,11%)