“Communication Engineering” is a two-year Master of Science degree program dedicated to prepare students for the challenges of Digital Transformation. It covers all major areas of modern digital communication in order to enable graduates to find new and ground-breaking applications changing the way we get and stay in touch. Deep technical understanding and knowledge are key in achieving this – the program has been designed to convey a wide variety of modern technical areas including 5G or RFID.
Graduates of the program get to choose between careers in private sector businesses as well as research institutions. They are sought-after experts in fields like Advanced Programming, Applied Algorithms in Network Engineering, Communication Networks and Mobile Networks. As Communication Engineers they are working at the core of an integral part of our information society – and at the core our everyday lives.
The students of the School of Engineering & IT should demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- technical understanding,
- reasoning power,
- good English, mathematics and computer skills,
- enjoyment of innovative developments.
- The Bachelor Degree Programs of the CUAS School of Engineering & IT can generally be sought without subject-specific educational background. Lots of interest, commitment and of course the possession of a general university entrance qualification are sufficient.
Graduates of the master degree course Communication Engineering are able to:
- apply various software in complex and technical networks (applications, operating systems, distributed systems, UML – Unified Modelling Language, object-oriented software development (C++ and Java), configuration management systems),
- make use of modern hardware of transmission media for the planning, construction and operation of transmission paths of complex networks (wireless, optical and steer-by-wire transmission technology),
- use algorithms purposefully so as to provide solutions to technical and communicational tasks (traffic theory, graph theory, network planning algorithms, expert systems, procedure of compression, digital signal processing, modulation scheme, traffic analysis, source coding, channel coding, procedures of synchronization, protocols, design patterns and cryptography),
- integrate successfully in teams as well as supervise teams during a project,
- work scientifically meaning to systematically present results of independent research.