Linking Digital Technologies and Healthcare
Shape technical innovation within the healthcare sector! Health and technology experts together learn methods and technical tools to conceive and develop concrete solutions for digital healthcare. You chose from the following specialisations:
- Healthcare Technology Development
- Healthcare Technology Assessment
The focus is on practical benefits. That way you develop concrete solutions for prevention, diagnostics, therapy and care - e.g. mixed reality visualizations in radiology and sensor-aided soles for gait rehabilitation.
Customise your study programme! Technicians get to familiarise themselves with the processes in the healthcare sector, while healthcare experts learn to understand the requirements of information and communication technologies. Some of the courses of the programme are German-taught, others are held in English.
A particular focus lies on the acquisition of activity competencies in the collection and processing of health data, the design and prototyping of healthcare interfaces and the evidence-based evaluation of patient engagements.
Over the course of four semesters, our students work on a joint Digital Healthcare project. Exemplary solutions include mixed-reality visualizations in radiology or sensor-supported systems for gait rehabilitation.
Students with a technical background learn the basics in the healthcare area, while students from the healthcare area acquire basic technical knowledge.
Select between Specialisations
- Healthcare Technology Development: Technical skills for the design and development of technical solutions for healthcare
- Healthcare Technology Assessment: Technical skills for the evidence-based evaluation of digital technologies/media in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care
The graduates become experts in the interdisciplinary design, implementation, evaluation and development of healthcare scenarios with the aid of digital technologies. Their expertise is needed in the entire healthcare sector, e. g. by social security, hospitals as well as industrial and research institutions and in IT-driven healthcare companies.
- Researcher in the field of digital technologies and health
- Regulatory affairs manager
- Medical engineer
- Developer & application specialist
- Medical device advisor
- Clinical sales specialist
- Project manager