Financial management and business controlling are core areas of managing a company. A Chief Financial Officer (CFO) ensures the success of their company with new innovative concepts. A Master’s degree in Financial Management links these concepts with the innovative management concept of “financial leadership”. Students are trained to become managers in the financial sector in just four semesters.
Focus & Qualifications
Financial leadership describes the sum of the requirements that a leader in finance has to fulfill these days. Part of the challenge is bringing together differences: expert and personal know-how, internal and external accounting, leadership and controlling.
Excellent expert knowledge is a matter of course these days – going further means understanding complex and new content quickly and making the right decision in a critical situation. We have divided these requirements into four large teaching modules. These modules place the emphasis of the Master’s degree program in Financial Management & Controlling on:
- Securing of proper corporate governance (regulatory systems)
- Shaping a company’s financial and risk positions (risk and financial management)
- Yield enhancement of all business activities (decision and control systems)
- Managing staff (management techniques & personal development)
- Economic control of all company activities (Controlling)
- Shaping a company’s financial and risk positions
- Strategic management
- Leadership and communication competence