Journalism Skills and Business Know-How
Combine expertise in media and economics with basic journalistic competencies for print, radio, TV and online. In addition to a solid theoretical education, the practice labs provide you with the necessary practical know-how for a beneficial cooperation with journalists.
Add business and management skills to the mix and receive the ideal preparation for a business activity in media companies – graduates will be among the most sought-after specialists in the media realm.
Basic Studies (1st to 3rd Semesters)
- Management & communications: economics and law, corporate management, languages and soft skills
- Media & journalism
- Scientific work & market research
The programme is divided into foundation (semesters 1-3) and advanced modules (semesters 4-6). In semester 3, students have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at one of our numerous partner universities.
Advanced Studies (4th to 6th semester)
The in-depth module allows you to specialise in a subject. In addition to the compulsory elective modules Corporate Management, Media Science and Trends in Media Technology, you can choose two of the following three modules:
- Strategic Management
- Content Management
- Marketing and Sales
At the end of the programme, students complete a compulsory internship in Austria or abroad, as well as a dissertation.
- Programme designer and planner for TV and radio
- Production manager in film and TV
- Editor(-in-chief) in publishing companies
- Content manager: cross-media & multi-media
- Media marketing and sales expert
- Media sales consultant
- Media project manager and controller
- Developer of new business models
- Corporate manager or assistant to the management