The Media World
Over the course of the bachelor programme, you acquire competencies in web technologies, graphics and layout, audio and video production as well as in photography. The programme combines technical training at university level with the teaching of conceptual competencies and problem-solving skills in a highly practice-oriented environment.
You acquire insights into basic audio and video technology, as well as interactive media. Further you learn how to independently use audio-visual equipment and software for recording, editing and storage. You are also introduced to client-side programming, internet-application design and usability.
The basic media technology elements of the programme give you a grounding in IT and programming, network technology and mathematics, all of which are required for subsequent courses. You also acquire key, fundamental skills in the practical applications of media technologies, ranging from photography and basic print production to event and media technology (such as sound, lighting and projection).
Students select one of two specialisations:
- Audio and Video Technology
- Digital Media Computing
In the specialisation study from the 3rd semester, in addition to the two specialisations media informatics and audio/video technology, an optional specialisation in the following subject areas is possible:
- Digital game production: development of innovative multimedia products
- Experimental media: media art, media design and digital-media technologies
- Television production: creation, planning and production of TV content
- Information visualisation: image conception and image design of complex data
- Music theory and music production: technologies of media-music production
- Real-time graphics and engines: conveyance of real-time technologies
- Web technologies: application possibilities of current devices/operating systems
Interdisciplinary Elective Module
The iLab programme allows you to participate in an interdisciplinary and intercultural project semester with the working language being English.
Due to the well-founded education, you will be able to work in professional fields such as planning, conception, development, design, consulting and technical sales. Possible professional areas are:
- Interactive entertainment and teaching/learning media
- Interactive media installation
- Mobile (business) applications
- Game Engineering
- Information visualisation
- Online presence
- Motion picture (video and animation)
- Studio technology and production
- TV and radio production
- Event and performance
- Video and audio technology
- Media design (moving image and audio)
- Experimental media production