Risk management, banking and corporate finance are among the core businesses of the banking and finance industry. The focus of the bachelor degree programme “Banking and Finance” is to grasp, both practically and theoretically, the complex relationships in the sector and the derivations thereof.
The programme further entails extensive knowledge of the insurance industry. This combination could be the foundation stone of a career set in the banking and finance sector.
Graduates of this programme can
- identify and analyse the various operations of banks and insurance companies
- apply concepts and methods in consumer banking, risk management, mathematics and corporate finance
- distinguish between and evaluate insurance products
- put insurance controlling methods into practice
- analyse and propose solutions for questions related to finance (e.g. portfolio selection, fixed-income securities and options) and corporate finance (company finance and valuation)
- combine intercultural management skills and occupation-specific English abilities in order to work effectively in an international environment
- Customer relationship manager
- Asset manager
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Auditor or tax consultant