Specialization in Language
Intercultural Management offers students a business degree in English with a specialization in Language and Intercultural Communication. The program is aimed at individuals interested in working in an international business environment. Students deepen their knowledge and understanding of culture and either the German or Italian language and can choose from our elective foreign language program.
REAL-LIFE CHALLENGES IN THE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS WORLD
Intercultural Management students are introduced to approaches and strategies for dealing with real-life challenges in the international business world. Experienced practioners and lecturers provide activating course contents and methods, such as case studies, experiential learning and excursions, motivating students to interact and engage with each other and their professors in the learning process.
Intercultural Management combines business and management know-how with intercultural communication competence and languages. Intercultural Management is an international study program aimed at internationals and internationally-minded individuals keen to further their ability to manage cultural differences effectively.
Foreign Language skills are an integral part of the Intercultural Management program. Intercultural Management is taught through English as a medium of instruction. Hence, applicants require strong English skills (B2) to apply and will further expand their ability to use English in an academic and business context. Intercultural Management students choose to specialize in either German or Italian. Austrian and German-speaking students require intermediate language skills in either Italian or another foreign language to be able to study Intercultural Management. Non-German speaking students require no Italian or German skills and can learn German as total beginners and reach level B2. Additionally, all Management students have the option to choose from our elective foreign language courses in French, Russian and Spanish.
There are degree program specific additional prerequisites for Intercultural Management:
- All applicants require sufficient English language skills (B2) to follow the program in English.
- German speaking applicants require a second foreign language (in addition to English) at intermediate level
- Non-German speaking applicants require no German skills.
Graduates of the Bachelor Study Program "Intercultural Management" are able to:
- apply general management know-how in practical business situations,
- explain the main concepts in the areas of finance & accounting, marketing and management,
- evaluate the economic, social and legal environments of businesses,
- describe and explain the ethical responsibilities and obligations of businesses,
- lead intercultural and interdisciplinary teams,
- communicate effectively in English and at least one further foreign language in an international business context.
Find more information at our website!