Studying Healthcare and Nursing
Due to demographic and social developments, the healthcare and social system will be faced with special challenges in the next couple of years. The supply structures of the future will provide caregivers with greater autonomy of action and new areas of activity will develop. In this study programme, you acquire the necessary skills and expertise for an interesting and challenging professional activity in the healthcare and nursing sector.
Get the PLUS! - only possible with start in September
Furthermore, you have the opportunity to complete the academic further education programme Preclinical Treatment and Care, thus achieving the professional qualification for emergency services on top of the qualification for healthcare and nursing. Learn more
Starting in Fall 2023 students can also start their studies at the Bildungscampus Mostviertel in Mauer.
The curriculum is designed to promote the development of organisational, social, community-related and academic skills. You are trained for both existing and entirely new areas of work. You are authorised to work in higher health care and nursing services pursuant to the Austrian Health Care and Nursing Act (GuKG). In addition, you may obtain, for example, a certificate in “Kinaesthetics“ or specialise in “Dementia Care Mapping”.
- Personal skills: Dimensions of care, Healthcare and nursing theory, Healthcare and nursing in specific settings, Fundamental medical principles, Specific medical subjects
- Organisational skills: Business administration and work organisation, Health-sector law
- Community-related skills: Social and human sciences, Health and preventive care
- Interpersonal/communication skills and personal skills: Personal skills, communication and interpersonal interaction, Foreign languages
- Academic skills: Academic techniques, Evidence-based nursing (EBN), Nursing science, Nursing research, Bachelor seminar
The science-based and practice-oriented study attaches great importance to practical training in addition to theoretical education. Students complete practical-study phases every semester. The total extent of the vocational internship is 2,300 hours. The practical phases of the study take place in different specialist areas both nationally and internationally, and there are numerous cooperations, for example, with the USA, Switzerland, Germany etc.
- Clinical facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Home care
- Health protection
- Primary care centres
- Paramedic and emergency services
- Public health
- Freelance work
After completing the optional further education programme (PLUS), you are not only an Academic Expert in Preclinical Treatment and Care – you have also acquired the professional qualification to work as an emergency medical technicians or emergency paramedics.