We train the nursing experts of tomorrow. You want to rise to the challenges facing healthcare, be able to exercise professional autonomy when caring for patients, or play a part in developing new nursing and healthcare provision concepts? Our 2-year, part-time German-language Advanced Nursing Practice master programme will prepare you to assume advanced-level responsibilities in the healthcare sector.
What to expect from the master programme
- The Advanced Nursing Practice programme gives you the tools you need to respond to the continually changing opportunities and challenges in nursing. You will learn how to carry out managerial tasks while maintaining a focus on continually improving the efficiency and quality of care.
- The curriculum places a strong emphasis on primary care for the general public. Primary care facilities will be one of the topics you explore, as these new health centres are performing an important role in health promotion and prevention – including in high-tech settings.
- Students explore the roles, concepts, and models of advanced nursing practice in great depth and the practice-based project and master theses will support developments in the field.
- Nursing practice and leadership
- Specialist clinical practice
- Research and research-based practice
Balancing studies and career well!
In a part-time degree programme, the compatibility with work and private life is one of the most important success factors. Our Advanced Nursing Practice master is a part-time programme, with lectures usually taking place on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but only every 2 or 3 weeks. This leaves you with free weekends between your days at the university. Your timetable will include one block week per semester.