Do you have a degree in a healthcare-related subject apart from medicine? Are you looking for a new challenge? IMC Krems' German-language Applied Health Sciences master programme offers you the opportunity to gain new knowledge and skills with a university qualification. Diversity, culture, sustainability, ethics, and applied research – these are the topics that underpin our part-time master programme. The broad-based degree will prepare you to take on operational and strategic responsibilities in a range of occupational areas.
What to expect from the master programme
- From exploiting new digital technologies such as telehealth and e-health to integrating health-related innovations and managing interdisciplinary teams – the Applied Health Science master degree will enable students to seize the opportunities and respond to the challenges in healthcare provision today.
- Students work on a practice-based project throughout the programme. They define a challenge or problem facing practitioners in their occupation, develop innovative solutions, and implement them in the third semester.
- The degree programme is based on broad multi- and interdisciplinary foundations, providing students with extensive scientific and research-related knowledge, which addresses practical questions to drive forward professional practice.
Choose one of 2 electives!
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Palliative and Hospice Care
After completing our Applied Health Sciences master degree graduates will be fully prepared for taking on high-responsibility roles at a range of healthcare facilities in the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors. Thanks to their wide-ranging knowledge and skills in science and research, technology, and interdisciplinary approaches, they will be able to work in a salaried position or on a freelance basis. The professional areas open to graduates include:
- Retirement and care homes, healthcare and social services organisations, mobile healthcare facilities, primary healthcare centres, private and group practices, private and public hospitals, rehabilitation centres, or outpatient clinics and day-care facilities
- Health promotion and prevention
- Product development
- Educational institutions
- Science and research
- Professional associations and interest groups