Internationally active companies and organizations are very demanding when they recruit new employees. They usually look for people who are multilingual, solution-oriented, possess a high degree of cultural awareness, and are both generalists and specialists at the same time. International Business Management offers both, a well-grounded general business education in an international context, and the opportunity to immerse oneself in one of the three fields of specialization (International Marketing, International Human Resource Management or International Finance).
The curriculum includes seven core modules and three specialization modules (students choose one of the three specialization modules and are free to take courses from the other two modules on an optional basis):
- Core Module 1: Management & Leadership in an International Context
- Core Module 2: Managing the International Business Value Chain
- Core Module 3: Business Cases in International Management
- Core Module 4: Management Control Systems
- Core Module 5: External Factors Influencing International Business
- Core Module 6: International Business Management Research
- Core Module 7: Language
- Specialization Module A: International Human Resource Management
- Specialization Module B: International Marketing
- Specialization Module C: International Finance
In the individual modules, students acquire functional skills for doing business in an international context, but will also master challenges of increasing complexity (e.g. case studies, simulations, research projects, or real-life consulting projects for companies) that allows them to acquire the problem-solving and interpersonal skills required in today’s globalized business environment.