Internationally active companies and organizations are very demanding when they recruit new employees. They usually look for people who are multilingual, solution-oriented, possess a high degree of cultural awareness, and are both generalists and specialists at the same time. International Business Management offers both, a well-grounded general business education in an international context, and the opportunity to immerse oneself in two of the four fields of specialization (Human Resource Management or International Supply Chain Management, and International Marketing and Sales Management or International Finance and Accounting).
In the individual modules, students acquire functional skills for doing business in an international context, but will also master challenges of increasing complexity (e.g. case studies, simulations, research projects, or real-life consulting projects for companies), which allows them to acquire the problem-solving and interpersonal skills required in today’s globalized business environment.
Download more detailed course descriptions here.
In addition to the formal requirements for admission, applicants to the Master’s program in International Business Management should:
- hold a business-related degree of higher education (minimum 3-year Bachelor’s program); applicants with non-business degrees in a related field (e.g. industrial engineering, economic geography, business law) need at least 15 ECTS in subjects related to business administration, 5 ECTS in economics and 10 ECTS in accounting and finance-related subjects.
- provide recent results of an English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) – minimum requirement 6.5 or equivalent (English level C1)
- demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- basic knowledge about the functional areas of business administration and management;
- applying inter-disciplinary knowledge to analyze and solve complex problems;
- a team-oriented mindset;
- linguistic and communication skills (orally and on written form);
- socially responsible behavior;
- enjoyment of international and intercultural challenges.
Graduates of the master’s degree program in International Business Management at Carinthia University of Applied Sciences are able to:
- effectively collaborate with others to responsibly manage complex business challenges in an expert or managerial role in an internationally active company
- create and implement international business development strategies, business models, business plans and marketing strategies
- take an active and leading role in achieving joint goals in a team together with other people from a variety of different cultural backgrounds
- effectively communicate with others about international business-related issues
- apply extended foreign language skills (in at least one foreign language besides English)
- understand the specifics of doing business in the Central Eastern and South Eastern European region
- recognize the opportunities and limitations that digital technologies offer as a support tool for managers in internationally active companies
- consider ethical issues as well as potential societal and environmental impacts when making business decisions
- analyze financial and non-financial data as well as institutional, legal and economic framework conditions as a basis for making and implementing international management-related decisions
- use methods and tools for effective problem-solving in selected functional specialization areas in the management of internationally active companies (Human Resource Management or International Supply Chain Management, and International Marketing and Sales Management or International Finance and Accounting)