The topic of sustainable management is on everyone’s lips. At IMC Krems, you can study it! If you already have a business, technology-related or science degree and want to become an expert in sustainable management, our German-language part-time Environmental and Sustainability Management master programme is an ideal supplement. You will learn how to implement environmentally and socially responsible approaches in companies and organisations.
What to expect from the master programme
- Studying alongside people from various professions you will examine trends and opportunities in environmental and sustainability management.
- Practical training: In semester 2 a joint project with companies gives students practical insights into the topics they have covered.
- The master thesis gives you an opportunity to contribute to the current debate in the environment and sustainability sector and develop new solutions that promote sustainable business.
- The economy and society
- Management systems and standards
- Communication and reporting
- Ecological and technological principles
- Research methods and academic techniques
As a graduate of the Environmental and Sustainability Management master programme, you will understand and practise the concepts behind sustainability. You will be able to use resources carefully, as well as draw up plans and take action with your internal and external responsibilities in mind. The professional areas open to graduates include:
- Environmental and business consulting
- Strategic management
- Implementing integrated management systems
- Environmental controlling
- Eco-friendly product design
- Research and development
- Sustainability-based marketing
- Environmental public relations
- Training and continuing education
Looking to gain an overview of the topic of sustainability? We particularly recommend listening to episode 2 and 15 of the TonspurnN podcast created by programme director Roman Mesicek (in German).