Values, Theory and Practice
Social work focuses on how individuals, groups and societies deal with their everyday problems, how they live their lives and cultivate their social networks. As a social worker, you start where people interact with their environment. You enable social changes and develop a solution-oriented approach. With a scientific foundation, we offer you comprehensive knowledge, modern techniques and helpful instruments for practice.
The programme is divided into 6 modules:
- Professional development
- Academic skills and applied research
- Methods, assessment and inclusion counselling
- Diversity and internationalisation
- Social environment-oriented primary care – public health
Students complete practice placements and two dissertations (in semesters 4 and 6).
Interdisciplinary Elective Module
The iLab programme allows you to participate in an interdisciplinary and intercultural project semester with the working language being English.
There are as many different areas of employment in social work as there are social challenges. As a graduate of the programme you are qualified to provide counselling and support to the users of social work services.
- Child and youth Services
- School social work
- Penal system and probation service
- Vocational integration and work assistance
- Basic material security and assistance for the homeless
- Psychosocial service and protection of adults
- Working with asylum seekers and migrant counselling
- Social services and debt counseling
- Addiction counselling and prevention
- Primary care and social work in hospitals
- Work with the elderly
- Development cooperation