Are you interested in a career in tourism? Do you want to work in event, hotel, congress or destination management? Are you looking for a varied career field with a promising future?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management offers you the optimal combination of theory and practice. In just six semesters you will deal with all areas of tourism and hospitality management, work on real business field projects and develop your personal skills.
Focus & Qualifications
The three year Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a great way of preparing yourself for a career in the tourism industry. The degree program was developed with experts from the tourism industry and is a theoretically sound, practically-relevant degree program. We cover topics such as:
- Tourism marketing and business administration
- Business controlling and leadership
- Tourism industry
- Business English
- Social skills
Additionally you will choose one of the following specializations to study in detail from the third semester onwards:
- Hotel management (German or English)
- Event management
- Congress and conference management
- Management of modes of transport for tourism
Individual career coaching strengthens you in your studies and supports you through the first steps of a career in the tourism industry.
- The degree program mirrors the needs of the tourism industry and guarantees a high level of practical relevance. Over 70% of teaching staff work in the industry full-time and add their own practical knowledge to the theoretical orientation of the courses. Students learn from practical projects, which are organized in conjunction with businesses. They also organize events and excursions themselves.
- TM on Tour is where we visit tourist venues, companies or destinations with students. The high practical relevance ensures an exciting degree program.
- Our students gain international experience during an internship abroad in their fifth semester. From Australia to Dubai, to South America, in the hotel industry, gastronomy, airline, event agency or destination marketing… everything is possible.
- An internship abroad is not the only way for our students to gain intercultural competence. Business English is an important part of the degree program and the Center for International Education and Mobility (CIEM) at FHWien der WKW offers a varied range of foreign language courses.
Recommendation rate: 95 % (according to graduate survey 2020)
- … learn how tourism companies work.
- … get insight into different business models of tourism.
- … have the opportunity to get to know one of the following industries intensively: hotel industry, gastronomy, event agencies, congress & conferenceindustry and touristic companies.
- … acquire broad economic know-how.
- … broaden your international competences and become business fluent in the English language.
- … carry out your own research project.
We show you the way from the operative level to management!