Technological leaps forward, innovative technologies, scarcer resources in the health care industry, the increasing work in interdisciplinary teams and the ongoing academization of health professions are changing the occupational field. The academic course offers specialization and a technical update in the field of sonography and has been recognized as advanced education in accordance with: Berufsgesetz (MTD-Gesetz) §31 i.d.g.F. You work with high-end devices and innovative technologies on the increasingly targeted imaging diagnostics and thus shape your professional profile. Your professional profile is sharpened with cross-sectional competencies in interprofessional collaboration when assessing examination results.
What we offer you
At FH Campus Wien, we use the knowledge of our wide range of degree programs and create innovative courses at the interfaces of the disciplines. We draw upon the professional expertise of full-time lecturers and external specialists from various disciplines in Austria and abroad and provide you with the opportunity to implement the theory you have learned on high-end devices in our skills lab. Your learning process is supported and accompanied by experienced tutors. The sonographic know-how of FH Campus Wien is already in demand internationally. Interdisciplinary projects are part of our university’s research strategy.
You can use the scientifically proven knowledge and skills you have gained from the course in your responsible role for the benefit of the patient. As a recognized further education, successfully completing the academic course for sonography you graduate with the academic title Academic Expert in Sonography.
What makes this degree program special
- Knowledge transfer from different disciplines
- State-of-the-art Ultrasound Skills Lab
- Blended learning with a high proportion of self-directed learning and attendance phases with hands-on training
- Active development of the job profile and sustainable further qualification in a specialist field that is in high demand
- Interprofessional collaboration with medical staff for the diagnosis
- National and international experts in sonography as lecturers